"Hell may have no fury like a woman scorned but heaven hath no sweetness like a sports fan vindicated." - Samcat

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Keeping Up with the Crazy

Among the things I apparently missed:
  • Tom Brady is going to be a daddy. (Thanks to the four bazillion people who sent me text/voice/MySpace messages to that effect.) I really don't think I could have stopped it had I been here, but I'm glad y'all were thinking of me. Also, now I can pretend that Brady didn't play in the Pro Bowl because he was busy picking out a crib. Hee. As for how I feel about it? It's his life. I think he'll be a great dad. And honestly, did we think he was dating a hot Hollywood actress for several years and not engaging in the sexxing? Yeah, I didn't think so. I'm just glad he's not hurt. And dudes, he's Tom Brady, it'll be fine. That child will be seriously beautiful and is likely already fielding scholarship offers.
  • Matsuzaka is apparently our $100 million caddy as he's evidently taken to carrying Varitek's stuff. Fantastic.
  • The NBA All-Star team was at the gate next to me during my connection in Vegas because of the All-Star Game this past weekend. The Southwest dude with the microphone told us we could all go over and meet them if we were so inclined. Not exactly a mad dash. Still, I need a press pass. Not necessarily because of random, roving basketball players but because Slash was totally on my flight from Vegas to Burbank and THAT is a dude I have some questions for.
  • Norv Turner is the new Chargers coach. Um...okay. I...wow so...yeah.
So...did I miss anything? A lot happens when I'm driving three blocks, valet parking everywhere and allowing my college roommate to crush the life out of my hand while she gets her first tattoo. Los Angeles is...interesting. But I can say without a doubt that I am unequivocally an East Coast kind of girl. It's just much more my speed. Oh, and I think it's worth noting that I've never had a cup of coffee thrown at my car for some imagined parking injustice by an angry Yankee fan in Boston, but I have in L.A. Take that for what it's worth.

So, in the immortal words of the Standells, "Boston, you're my home."