"Hell may have no fury like a woman scorned but heaven hath no sweetness like a sports fan vindicated." - Samcat

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Blades of Glory















So tomorrow is February and thus begins The Dead Month in sports (since the Super Bowl was canceled this year and all). Faced with a month of navel gazing and wearing out my Faith Rewarded and City of Champions DVDs, Jim at ICED Media came to my rescue and sent me the trailer for the new Will Ferrell/Jon Heder figure skating comedy, "Blades of Glory," asking me if I could do anything with it since it's tangentially sports-related.

Four things:

1) I'm totally gonna go see anything Will Ferrell is in since I haven't been able to stop quoting "Taladega Nights" since the first time I saw it in a margarita haze,
2) Yours truly actually was a figure skater for fourteen years so there's nothing I like better than snarking on the sequined set,
3) The movie also stars Will Arnet and Amy Poehler of the tragically canceled "Arrested Development and
4) YES YES YES WHEN DOES IT OPEN I WANT TO SEE IT NOW YES!

Herewith, the trailer:




And if that's not enough to get your ass to the theater, some stills from the movie:






























This could be the entire movie. I would be fine with that.















Phenomenal costumes, to be sure.















Ahhh, ice princesses. Perfect for parody.































Once again, WILL FERRELL FIGURE SKATING MOVIE GO NOW!

Thanks, Jim!