"Hell may have no fury like a woman scorned but heaven hath no sweetness like a sports fan vindicated." - Samcat

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

There's no place like Seattle






















(Photo from Yahoo! Sports)

Apparently.

Problem with games in Seattle is that they are in direct conflict with my need to sleep and not stay up for 48 straight hours and turn myself into even more of a raving lunatic than I normally am. (Trust me, it's possible). Because when I do that, sometimes I also drink tequila and then I start saying things like "Didn't Nintendo used to own the Mariners? Do they still? I want to play Super Mario Bros. Or Duck Hunt. OH MY GOD Duck Hunt! I'll bet Papelbon loved Duck Hunt. Paps totally pretends like the batters are ducks. Shoot 'em, Paps! Shoot 'em like the stupid ducks! Zzzzzzzzzzzz..."

(It's worth noting that a second party is not necessary for me to be having this conversation).

So suffice it to say "Yay, JD Drew. Hooray for Matsuzaka and his 7.1 IP. And also for Okajima who refrained from doing his Timlin impression last night. And, you know, also for Papelbon." That cover everyone?

Good. Now please come back home, boys. I'm nearly out of tequila.