"Hell may have no fury like a woman scorned but heaven hath no sweetness like a sports fan vindicated." - Samcat

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Beatdown
















(Photo from Boston.com)

Oh, hey, offense. There you are. Nice to see you. Glad to see you're back. You know, for now. Though I don't remember anyone in Boston going on a Hank Steinbrenner-esque tear and screaming at you for not scoring any runs, it's still nice to see that you can on occasion.

Also, hooray bullpen! Sportsdesk tells me that you didn't allow a run during this entire series with the Twins. How about that? I suppose I do believe in miracles after all. Like maybe every time a reliever strands a runner, an angel gets its wings.

Odd showing from Beckett and one that could likely only have been salvaged if the offense decided to go all vengeance and fury and plate eighteen runs. So, you know, good thing for us that happened. And probably also a good thing for Josh Beckett who, I believe, can't get too excited about a pitching performance unless the fate of the free world is on the line. Or so his postseason stats would seem to indicate.

Off day today which is fine by me because I, um, have other plans. And before you even think about getting all judgy and musically superior on me, know that I totally and completely, 100%, unironically and with complete sincerity, LOVE Bon Jovi. And I am not sorry about that. And if you've never experienced the karaoke on steroids rush that is belting out "Blaze of Glory" with 20,000 other sweaty, swaying, like-minded individuals, well, then, you've not really lived, my friend.