"Hell may have no fury like a woman scorned but heaven hath no sweetness like a sports fan vindicated." - Samcat

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Blargh















(Photo from Yahoo! Sports)

I guess this is just further proof that with a game on the line, God help us all if we have to turn to Julio Lugo. I think we'd be better off with rain dances and impassioned pleas to our spirit guides or maybe good, old fashioned bargaining with the gods. But then, can I see a show of hands for those of you who are surprised by that?

That's what I thought.

This is all disconcerting. Not just the whole losing thing but the fact that my grandparents are scheduled to arrive in New Hampshire from Florida sometime today and I will lay good money on the fact that the first thing my grandmother says to me is some shit talk about the first place Rays. Familial love, I guess.

So obviously, the choice is simple. The Red Sox need to win the next two games. That's clearly all there is to it. Then they'll be in first place again. Everything will be fine, no?

Okay, let's go with that.