"Hell may have no fury like a woman scorned but heaven hath no sweetness like a sports fan vindicated." - Samcat

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Status Quo
















(Photo from Yahoo! Sports)

From the outcome of last night's games featuring AL East teams, it's almost as if...last night never happened at all.

Except this. That totally happened. As did the newest installment of Melky Cabrera: Adventures in Outfielding. It's the little things, people. It's the little things that get me through the day.

But as for the rest of it, nothing changed. That being said, can we all pretty much agree to look sternly at Matsuzaka and make it clear that such performances are unacceptable? Because you know what Matsuzaka loves more than full counts? Burning through the Sox suspect bullpen. Why does he love this? Who knows. Maybe he doesn't want the bullpen pitchers to be bored? Maybe he really does think he gets candy the more pitches he throws. Maybe he wants to drive me slowly insane?

All possible. Whatever the case, I'd really like it to stop.

And what is the deal with the Angels? And especially Jered Weaver. Look, it might be elitist of me but I'm vaguely uncomfortable with a guy who's MLB headshot looks like he's angling for a spot in Bronson Arroyo's band but was rejected as being too "meth-y and NASCAR-ish." Call me crazy but I think there's a problem when someone can look at you and say, "Too Kid Rock. Not enough Nickelback."

Yeah, I'm picking on Jered Weaver's hair. Because I'm petty like that. Because I'm tired. And also because I wish not to lose to the Angels anymore. Especially at Fenway. Especially when Manny decides to hit home runs.

See what they've done? They've made me cranky. Maybe we really should just all go back to sleep and pretend that last night never happened. Good plan.