"Hell may have no fury like a woman scorned but heaven hath no sweetness like a sports fan vindicated." - Samcat

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Topsy-Turvy






















(Photo from Yahoo! Sports)

Okay, I think you all know how I feel about the Orioles. That is, I enjoy them a great deal, think their fans are lovely people, totally dig their ballpark and try to practice bi-partisan cheering whenever possible. I am fully pro 2/5 of the AL East. (The remaining 3/5 can go screw themselves). But last night's game was apparently worrisome. I say "apparently" because I'm a bad fan and saw only the highlights this morning due to a prior commitment. That said, just what exactly is going on with Hideki Okajima? That is troublesome. Putting a winnable game firmly out of reach is not something we want to be doing, Hideki. Especially in lieu of our ace's shaky start. Although, until further notice, I'm thinking Justin Masterson should be our "ace." Everyone else can try their hardest to wrest the title from him.

That said, I think perhaps Craig Hansen and JD Drew somehow got wind of the bet Amy and I have. They've just chosen to react to it in opposite ways. JD Drew has become a home run hitting, RBI producing machine, rivaling the sidelined Ortiz in output. (You guys would tell me if we were in crazy bizarro world, right? I mean, there's non-baseball related evidence to support this in my life as well but I wasn't sure it was carrying over to the league of bats and balls). And Craig Hansen is apparently buckling under the pressure of finishing the season with a sub-3.00 ERA and has decided to forget how to throw a baseball. So that's fun.

Tonight I will be in attendance at Orioles vs. Red Sox V2 because I have some wonderful readers (Kim) who offer me their extra tickets. Seriously, you guys are the nicest. We'll see how tonight's exercise in bi-partisanship pans out. I might have to take a tally of the confused looks I get while simultaneously cheering for Nick Markakis and Jason Varitek. But not Julio Lugo. Screw that guy.