"Hell may have no fury like a woman scorned but heaven hath no sweetness like a sports fan vindicated." - Samcat

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Un pregunta

A quick question before I pump myself full of coffee and attempt to function as a normal human being today: If I had one task at my job and I didn't do it well, would I still have that job?

I'm just saying, if Mike Myers' sole purpose is to get David Ortiz out (and yes, that is totally his only job), and David Ortiz is batting .308 lifetime against Mike Myers, couldn't one reasonably say that Mike Myers is not very good at his job?

Right, anyway, these games still kill me. I was flipping back and forth between the Sox/Yankees game, the Mets/Braves game (because David Wright is so my NL third basemen boyfriend) and the DVD of the 3rd season of Arrested Development from Netflix because, apparently in addition to having some severe baseball ADD, I decided that my remote reflexes needed to be sharpened?

I guess alls well that ends well. One more tomorrow and then, blessedly, done with this business. For like, you know, six days. Argh.

Oh, and happy birthday, Julian, you crazy diamond, you. Derek Jeter and Alex Rodriguez were going to get you a present but they were busy throwing tantrums and elbows. You understand.