"Hell may have no fury like a woman scorned but heaven hath no sweetness like a sports fan vindicated." - Samcat

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Sugar High

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Annette and I let the Christmas sugar rush go to our heads as we discuss how The Rick's shoulder surgery will affect the 2007 season.

Me: My dad's having shoulder surgery right now.

Annette: What the fuck for?

Me: Something to do with impingement or something and a possible rotator cuff injury. Which likely means he won't be able to jump to the starting rotation until midway through the 2007 season at the earliest.

Annette: Well, then we're fucked. Completely. Or at least my fantasy team is. I was really counting on The Rick to make a difference for me this year. Especially in the important categories like "Do Wah Ditty" sing-a-longs. That category is worth so many points and he routinely cleans up. Ugh.

Me: I think The Rick will still be available to pinch hit in sing-a-longs in the later innings.

Annette: I don't question his heart, I just worry about roster availibility and stuff. I mean, there are rules to the DL. At least it's still the offseason. Winterfest is still a good bit away.

Me: I'll bet we could hide him on the roster somewhere. Just use him as a bench player. Or keep him in the minors and just bring him up when rosters expand. Or he'll make an excellent bench coach.

Annette:
The Rick is not at that stage of his career. His vocals are still major league ready. And the way he emotes when he performs...unparalleled. Perhaps in a few years, I could see him as a bench coach. But not yet. The injury doesn't seem career threatening to me at least.

Me: I trust he'll power through and be back to doing mic tosses and power slides in no time.