"Hell may have no fury like a woman scorned but heaven hath no sweetness like a sports fan vindicated." - Samcat

Friday, May 15, 2009

Off the Brink
































(Photo from Boston.com)

And just like that, it's all over. Thought they had this one too. I really did. I mean, what's a hockey team doing in Carolina anyway? Especially one with a coach that looks much more like the lead singer of some emo band you've never heard of or perhaps The Proclaimers than the coach of a professional hockey franchise. I mean, honestly.

But pettiness aside, the Bruins have little to be ashamed of. They fought hard and they fought long and overtime in Game 7 is about as far as anyone can expect to be pushed. That said, I wanted to win that one. I really did.

I guess I'll cheer for the Blackhawks now since I have a sense of loyalty to Original Six teams and Detroit won theirs last year. Plus I've always gotten the sense that I'd greatly enjoy Chicago. Guess this means that spring has officially begun here, kids. Winter in Beantown is over.

Good thing we have that baseball team to focus on. Now, what's the matter with David Ortiz?