"Hell may have no fury like a woman scorned but heaven hath no sweetness like a sports fan vindicated." - Samcat

Monday, May 04, 2009

Runaround


















(My sneakers. See how fast they make me look?)

Marathon fundraising update!


That's right, you're getting running updates. To date, I've raised $1,365.40 (the odd numbers owing to some creative friends and their donations of $52.40 - or $2 a mile, and $262 or $10 per). And that's in just over a month of fundraising. I can't begin to thank you all enough. With more than five months to go, I'm over a quarter of the way to my fundraising goal. You people make me proud.


As for the actual training part of this marathon, right now I'm still doing short runs. Inside on the track and progressively more and more outside runs as the weather warms up. Of course, when I run inside, I don't get chased by a very aggressive Pekingese like I did on Saturday. I also don't get lost in the woods while listening to "American Girl" on my iPod and freak myself out by envisioning that I've somehow inadvertently cast myself in a remake of Silence of the Lambs. But if I didn't run outside, I wouldn't have these stories with which to entertain you, now would I?


If you've not yet donated and would like to, you can find my personal donation page
here. Link is also on the sidebar. HJ, the graphics wiz boyfriend has created a handy thermometer so you can track my fundraising progress. Or if you'd rather do it the old-fashioned way, Rick and Sue are accepting checks made out to the Alzheimer's Association (email me at snowtackle (at) gmail (dot) com for details).

Once again, I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your support in this crazy endeavor. I've said it before and I'll say it again but I truly do have the best readers out there. You guys rock!