"Hell may have no fury like a woman scorned but heaven hath no sweetness like a sports fan vindicated." - Samcat

Saturday, June 30, 2007

An Update

A few things:

Theo Epstein enjoys Fender baseball caps, Pearl Jam t-shirts, brew pubs in Portland Maine, scouting Clay Bucholz and holding doors open for girls.

What a nice boy. His mama raised him right.

No word of a lie. We didn't bother him because homeboy gets that shit all the time. Also, it was the one freaking time I was wearing a Nick Markakis Orioles t-shirt and not my usual Sox garb. But it was Theo. And it was awesome.

Good thing I didn't have time to plan my "Explain to me in plain English why Julio Lugo is on the team" speech. He probably gets that shit all the time too. And it's a REALLY good thing we didn't run into him post Sox game as, not five seconds before it happened, I FREAKING CALLED THAT LUGO WAS GOING TO GET THROWN OUT TRYING TO STEAL THIRD AND THEN WHAT HAPPENED?!? I hate being right sometimes.

/gives disappointed look to Red Sox team.

Gentlemen, you've just finished the month of June below .500. It's by some grace of the baseball gods that you still maintain a healthy lead in the division. But if we know anything around these parts, it's that the baseball gods do not remain benevolent for long. Sack up, put on your big boy pants and get your shit together. Like now.

Or I'll have a word with Theo. Don't think I don't know where to find him.