"Hell may have no fury like a woman scorned but heaven hath no sweetness like a sports fan vindicated." - Samcat

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Buy! This! Now!

Your favorite batshit pitcher and mine was quoted in the Globe today saying the following:

"I wasn't even in the mood to be here today," said Tavarez after allowing just three hits in an 11-0 rout of the Atlanta Braves. "There's nothing wrong, it's just how it is. I've been in the major leagues for 12 years, and if a major league ballplayer tells you they want to be in the ballpark every day they're lying to you because it's not true. Sometimes you come to the park because you have to."

So I said to Annette, "We need a t-shirt with Tavarez's name and number on the back. And the front says, 'I'd rather be bowling.'"

Which prompted me to email Sam, resident designer and artist extraordinnaire and request the following shirt:

















Which you should go buy. Like, RIGHT NOW! Go here and look at all the other fantastical things Sam has designed. First person I see wearing one of these gets...probably a big hug, actually. Which is really quite something because I'm not much of a hugger.