"Hell may have no fury like a woman scorned but heaven hath no sweetness like a sports fan vindicated." - Samcat

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Mind Eraser























Now which one would Keanu take?

A series of things I would like to forget:

-The Red Sox have evidently reverted to their whole not scoring runs for Tim Wakefield thing.

-I have pneumonia. Because I like to come down with shit like that in freakin' June and render myself under house arrest. I'm unpredictable like that.

-My new apartment, in which I am imprisoned, apparently has mice. The good news is that Rocky the cat is on it. The bad news is that he finds it amusing and thinks he's found new playthings rather than evil creatures to attack and destroy.

- Julio Lugo hasn't had a hit since June 14th which was, as Annette pointed out, approximately three years ago. Unacceptable performance for someone who considers himself a Major League baseball player. I mean, shit, I had a hit yesterday and I have fucking pneumonia.

-Jordan's is holding my furniture hostage. I will continue to have nothing to sit on for at least another month. Stellar.

-Curt Schilling is on the DL with old man shoulder-itis. Or something.

On the positive side:

-The Yankees appear to have lost again. To the Giants. Who had lost eight games in a row.

- Annette and I are hard at work on a plan for the Sox to sign D'Angelo Ortiz to replace Julio Lugo in the lineup.

-Codeine.