"Hell may have no fury like a woman scorned but heaven hath no sweetness like a sports fan vindicated." - Samcat

Monday, August 07, 2006

Nerds Fight Back





























(photo from Boston.com)

What the holy hell was that? Papi goes yard (again, some more), Jason Johnson pitches more than acceptably and somehow, the freakin' Devil Rays are allowed to claw their way back into the game and win it on a walk off by some dude who looks like a high-school math teacher in extras?

Look, I'm just gonna pretend that my ears are still ringing from Friday night's concert and I misheard or something. Or misread because I'm...drunk? Yeah, that's it. We'll pretend I'm still drunk. Because ain't no way the Red Sox lost a series to Tampa Bay at crunch time of the season. No way, no how.

And can someone please stop shooting our players with sniper rifles or whatever the hell is happening? We're supposed to take some dude named "Corky" seriously now? Ha, funny joke, guys. No, really, good one. I mean, I'm all for the musical mojo but there is just so many times I can play Motley Crue's "Girls, Girls, Girls" for this guy before I go insane.

Let's just take today to regroup, shall we? Read a book. Watch a movie. Internet stalk celebrities and rock stars. What? Who said that? You know, just...get a hobby or something.

Kee-rist. They're making it awful damn difficult, aren't they?