"Hell may have no fury like a woman scorned but heaven hath no sweetness like a sports fan vindicated." - Samcat

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Birdshot
















(Photo from Yahoo! Sports)

That certainly got out of hand quickly, no? David Ortiz surely has reason to smile since he and Dustin Pedroia had about eleventy billion RBIs each and Baltimore is...well, they're having a bit of a rough time is what they're having. So much so that it was only the fourth inning and Remy and Don were lamenting the fact that they had five more innings of airtime to fill and were going to have to resort to playing Celebrity Look-Alike. Thankfully, they didn't have to look very far considering Baltimore manger Dave Trembley's resemblance to William Shatner but things certainly had the potential to get ugly in the booth there. They've not managed to get themselves fired yet - Remy and Don - but we still have a month of baseball left. There's still time.

Also, to prove that I should really not be allowed to hold forth on baseball until I've fact-checked myself, I clearly though Matsuzaka was starting this game because apparently, I think he pitches every day now. Which, I maintain, would just be irresponsible.

Now tonight, the internets and teevees tell me, Matsuzaka is actually starting. They wouldn't lie, would they? At this point, I do wonder if Tito will just send Pedroia out to hit every third batter, reasoning that he'll take the outs for batting out of order if he can get Pedroia's zillion hits. Seems like it'd perhaps be a wise gamble.