"Hell may have no fury like a woman scorned but heaven hath no sweetness like a sports fan vindicated." - Samcat

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Doing Good




















(Kim and her mom)

If I make take a break for a moment from the snark and sarcasm-laden tirades that usually grace this space and speak candidly about something that's of great importance to me...


Reader Kim, who, among other things, is loyal and lovely and showed up to Dougie Night and sometimes makes with the extra tickets to Red Sox games is raising money for the Alzheimer's Association Memory Walk on September 28th. Kim's mom has been diagnosed with the disease and Kim needs all of our help to meet her fundraising goal and take a huge step towards eradicating this terrible disease.

I have personal history with Alzheimer's as my Memere, my mom's mom, also suffered from it. You'll all be getting a similar plea from me next year for marathon fundraising for the same cause. But for right now, let's all support Kim.

Basegirl readers have proven to be a dedicated and loyal bunch and I trust we can all band together in our support for something this worthwhile. Chances are, you know someone who has also been affected by this disease.


So please help Kim out. Donate. Or walk. Or volunteer.


Thanks, guys.

You're the best.


~Kristen