"Hell may have no fury like a woman scorned but heaven hath no sweetness like a sports fan vindicated." - Samcat

Saturday, December 01, 2007

So Gabe Kapler Walks Into a Bar...



















No, really. He actually did. I was there. Thursday night, chillin' with Amy at the Coolidge Corner Clubhouse to watch the Packers/Cowboys game (damn you, NFL Network! Damn you!) and who should saunter in but the Hebrew Hammer himself, Mr. Gabe Kapler. He hung out for about five to ten minutes, largely unmolested (honestly, I'm not sure if anyone but Amy and I noticed it was him. The place was REALLY crowded), checked out the scores and then left. He wasn't wearing a jacket. I worry. It was very cold out.

So, if you're counting, that makes twice that Amy and I have been at the same eating/drinking establishment as Gabe Kapler (Blu Sushi in Fort Myers during Spring Training while he was eating sashimi with Mike Lowell being the first time) and that he's left before we could send him a drink. Sad. So, obviously, Gabe Kapler is stalking us. That's fine. I could think of worse stalkers.

We theorized that he was popping in to check the score so that he'd know how to gauge the mood of noted Packers fan Tiffany Ortiz before ducking over to the Ortiz residence to hang with Papi. Probably a wise move on his part.

Also, what are the odds that Tiffany Ortiz wears a cheesehead hat on game days? I dig that about her.

Anyway, Gabe Kapler sighting. I feel like I'm writing for Page Six or the Inside Track or something. Wonder what he's doing in town...the mind reels with the possibilities.

Additionally, "My dog ate the baseball?" Okay, Jonathan. Sure. We believe you. *wink, wink*