"Hell may have no fury like a woman scorned but heaven hath no sweetness like a sports fan vindicated." - Samcat

Monday, November 26, 2007

Mustache Power!

















(Photo from Boston.com)

Amy: Just so you know, every time Tom Brady runs for yards and I'm not watching the game with you, I'm going to call you and sing the Baby Bumblebee song to you.

Me: Obviously, as that is Tommy's internal monologue when he's running at glacial speed.

Amy: (Singing)
I'm bringing home a baby bumblebee.
Won't Coach Belichick be so proud of me.
I'm bringing home a baby bumblebee.
Ouch! It--FIRST DOWN!

Me: (Watching Wes Welker's postgame interview with Andrea Kremer) Tom Brady called Wes Welker a "Labrador?" I'm going to need a sound file of that interview, I think. Also, what is going on with your facial hair there, sir?

Amy: Mustaches are in, Krikri. (Only Amy is allowed to call me that, FYI).

Me: I prefer designer stubble.

Amy: I think the entire team should start growing ridiculous mustaches.

Me: You might be onto something there. I mean, Logan Mankins didn't get in trouble, did he? In fact no, he pushed Lomo into the end zone for that last touchdown. Logan Mankins has a handlebar mustache (above). Wes Welker didn't get in trouble. He caught all the passes. Mustache. This might be something...

Amy: Can you just imagine, facing the Patriots, AND their giant handlebar mustaches? I am not convinced Tedy can grow facial hair and Refrigerator Head (Gostkowski) probably isn't old enough, but dude. It would be awesome.

Me: Well, Vrabes can teach an elective on proper facial hair maintenance and perhaps New Kicker can sculpt his unibrow into a mustache?

Amy: A facial hair graft, perhaps? It's like having to face Magnum PI and his cronies in football!

Me: And that's just gonna make you look silly. 'Cause of how manly mustaches are and all.

Amy: We're smart.

Me: We don't sleep much.

Amy: Nope.