"Hell may have no fury like a woman scorned but heaven hath no sweetness like a sports fan vindicated." - Samcat

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Mike Lowell: Pimp























(A pimp is as a pimp does)

I have learned one thing from this game. Mike Lowell is a big Nelly fan. More specifically, Mike Lowell's at-bat music for the rest of the season (or until he starts sucking) will be Nelly's "Pimp Juice."


Those of you who remember iTunes mojo will understand what I'm getting at. It wasn't iTunes this time, I was testing out ring tones for my new cell phone. And yes, I was listening to Nelly tunes and I'll thank you not to judge. (I ended up with Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" because, well, because I'm me, and it's sage advice), but apparently Mike Lowell responds to "Pimp Juice." Look, I don't make the rules. I just report the outcome.


As for outcomes, I enjoyed this one and will certainly take a win against the Orioles. Although, I must admit, the Orioles have become my second favorite team (this is entirely Marianne and Chris's fault, and owes something to my own personal love affair with Nick Markakis), and I don't wish them ill. I certainly enjoyed the "Fuck YOU, you're not in the box and I'm throwing strikes, bitch" business that went down with Lugo and Cabrera because, yeah, you might've heard but, um, not a fan of Lugo. But a win is a win is a win.

It's nice to see that Jerry Remy's man crush on Alex Cora has continued unabated. And with good reason. And then there's Schilling whose new haircut seems to be aiding him in the "pitching snappy" department. It would also be rather impossible for Schilling to look more like The Rick at this point which is mildly disturbing but the point remains.

Honestly, when David Ortiz has those ten or eleven pitch at bats, don't you just feel like things are going to go his way? I think it all goes back to that ten pitch at bat against Esteban Loaiza in game five of the 2004 ALCS when Papi fouled off pitch after pitch before muscling one into short center for the game-winning RBI. It's just...what he does, apparently. And I hate to sound overconfident about things because I'm anything but. But it's Papi, man. If anyone's gonna do it, it's probably gonna be him.


Or Mike Lowell. Because: pimp juice.