"Hell may have no fury like a woman scorned but heaven hath no sweetness like a sports fan vindicated." - Samcat

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Goggled

























(Photo from Yahoo! Sports)

I did everything I could. When Matsuzaka inexplicably lost his control for an inning and walked in a run, I did the only thing I could think of to counteract the badness: I ordered sushi. It worked, kind of. He got out of the inning and proceeded to go all Strikeout King on the rest of the batters he faced but it proved to be too little, too late.

I mean honestly, I feel like I say this to the Sox more than any human being should but YOU LOST TO A GOOFY LOOKING GUY WEARING GOGGLES WHO HAS A COLOGNE NAMED AFTER HIM. No, not "Driven." The other goofy looking guy with a cologne named after him.

It's bad enough that when the Sox play in Skydo-, Rodg-, er, Toronto, that they supersaturate the colors so that it almost hurts to watch due to the vibrating of the television screen, but then they've gotta go and lose to freakin' Gustavo Chacin?

Maybe Matsuzaka really is the new Tim Wakefield. Pitches well enough to win but gets no run support. Although, personally, I'm placing last night's loss squarely on the shoulders of Julio Lugo. Because I know in the rules of baseball, you can never assume a double play but in the rules of Kristen Decides How This Goes, I can assume that Alex Gonzalez would have made that play. And you all know it too. He just might end up being the Red Sox from seasons past that I end up missing the most.

It was nice to see Wily Mo and Mr. Crisp get in on the hitting action, even if it was all for naught. And, as Marianne said when my roommate asked her where Wily Mo hit the home run, "Let's just say if they weren't in a dome, it'd probably be in this living room." I'm telling you, one of these days, Floor 37 of the Prudential Center, BAM!

For now, we wait for tonight's matchup. Timmy vs. Ohka. Let's see if Dougie can catch lightning in a bottle twice.