"Hell may have no fury like a woman scorned but heaven hath no sweetness like a sports fan vindicated." - Samcat

Friday, April 20, 2007

Get Your Game On



















(Photo from Yahoo! Sports)

I just had to include that picture because the expression on the second basemen's face is pretty excellent. "I gonna die." Heh.

Anyway, sometimes I think that Jonathan Papelbon is a character that we all created with the combined power of our imagination. I look forward to every new Papelbon interview the way I look forward to new episodes of my favorite TV shows. I just can't wait to hear what he's going to say next. I mean, seriously, how long before he begins comparing sitting down opposing batters to duck hunting? And after that, how long before he admits honing his skills on the original Nintendo's Duck Hunt game that came with the system along with Super Mario Bros.?

"I hated that dang dog, man," he'll say. "Always laughin' and shit. I hated that dog. I done figured out how ta wire the gun so I could shoot the dog. He didn't laugh at me no more after that."

No way that didn't happen, right?

And Manny's gonna be fine. But you all knew that.

As for that team coming to town this weekend, yeah, them, apparently the Show Pony is still hitting home runs and such. Uh huh, lovely. I hope he comes back to earth soon for many reasons, not the least of which is because it's going to be exceptionally nauseating watching all those Yankee fans who claimed to hate the guy when he wasn't delivering, now jump on the bandwagon and champion him as the Savior of Baseball. Please. Also, what're the odds that he's singing "I Feel Pretty" while trotting around the bases here?

It all begins again tonight. Someone hold me.