"Hell may have no fury like a woman scorned but heaven hath no sweetness like a sports fan vindicated." - Samcat

Monday, July 17, 2006

Get a Move On





























(photo from Boston.com)

Dear Boston Red Sox:

Do not ever make David Ortiz sad again. Just don't do it. And while you're at it, don't make me sad either.

Look, I don't have time for this. I cannot babysit you every single day. That seems to be what you want considering that the only game you deigned to win this weekend was Saturday's game which I attended in person. (Lookit Sam's pictures!). But unless Manny wants to hand-deliver me some season tickets so you can have my undivided attention all the time, you're going to have to accept that I've got other shit to do. Sometimes I have to go to the grocery store. Sometimes I have to drink too much. Sometimes I have to go see Kelly Clarkson (WOOOOOOO!) So start acting like big boys and play like you mean in.

I'll be there on Tuesday because Amy is awesome and she loves me. Be that as it may, that DOES NOT give you license to play like a bunch of Little Leaguers today. This is Kansas City we're talking about here, boys. Kansas Effing City.

God.

Sincerely,
Kristen

Okay, for serious, I've been out of my head busy lately and while I haven't been giving The Catcher much credit for what he's been doing offensively, (which has been a whole lotta nuthin', come to think of it), I would be remiss if I didn't mention how freakin' impressive it is that he tied Pudge Fisk with 990 games caught yesterday. That's some serious catchin'. Today, Wakefield pitches and tomorrow, when I'll be in attendance, Tek will break Fisk's record. I might even bring the jersey out of retirement despite the fact that I swore I wouldn't wear it again until he hit above .250. I can say what I want about the guy, but I am truly glad he's on our team. That's quite a feat. Well done, Tek. Well done. Now stop swinging at the goddamn high fastball.