"Hell may have no fury like a woman scorned but heaven hath no sweetness like a sports fan vindicated." - Samcat

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Checking In and Checking Out
















(photo from Boston.com)

Well done, Mahky, well done indeed.


Okay, perhaps I lied. Clearly by "sporadic" updates, I meant "none at all." Unfortunately, things don't look to be improving on this end for the remainder of the week. I'll likely be a bit too busy to be updating daily. Of course, I reserve the right to change my mind and go on a 2,000 word tirade about Josh Beckett's expanding cranium or a list of the Top 101 Reasons Why Curt Schilling Hates Fun. (Reason #87: His hair is clearly long enough for cornrows but do you see them? No, no, you do not.) But rest assured that I'll be back next week in full force. Until then, I leave the Red Sox in your capable hands. Try not to let Manny near the Icy Hot and remember to put Jonathan Papelbon and Gabe Kapler in their bubble-wrapped boxes after use. Until next week, I leave you with this: Losing a game is one thing, but losing in embarrassing fashion and blowing out your bullpen while you're at it is another thing altogether. I love the smell of schadenfreude in the morning.