"Hell may have no fury like a woman scorned but heaven hath no sweetness like a sports fan vindicated." - Samcat

Monday, February 20, 2006

An Infusion of New Blood

Image hosting by Photobucket

Now THAT'S motivational.

Okay, kids, it's like this: I'm kind of bored. There's no pro hockey to watch, baseball is still a month away, football is a distant memory and despite the fact that I figure skated myself for fourteen years, ice dancing ain't really doin' it for me. The epic beer pong tournament I attended Saturday night (holy crap, you guys, seriously) was the closest thing to a legitimate "athletic" competition I've seen in some time.

In short, it is a sad, sad time. Dark days ahead. I'm off today and watching Jerry Maguire, y'all. That's how bad things are.

And so, The Rick had an idea for this here "topic-starved" blog. What sports that aren't currently in the Olympics should be? And conversely, which ones that are, shouldn't be? I'm open for all suggestions. Golf, water-skiing, or the aforementioned beer pong. What do you think?

And hey, do you think Scott Boras has ever said, "I will not rest until I have you holding a Coke, wearing your own shoe, playing a Sega game featuring you, while singing your own song in a new commercial, starring you, broadcast during the Super Bowl, in a game that you are winning, and I will not sleep until that happens"

Because I think he might have.