"Hell may have no fury like a woman scorned but heaven hath no sweetness like a sports fan vindicated." - Samcat

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Disappointed!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
(Toronto, I'm talking to you)

Okay, I'm not gonna talk about it. That up there *gestures upwards* pretty much sums it up. It's your choice as to who's on the business side of those firearms. Could be Edgah. Could be Foulke. Could be the Blue Jays. Could sure as hell be the Yankees and Jason "Hee-Haw" Giambi. Your choice. Me, I'm'a a pick the whole world of sports suck, such that it is. And I'm going to move on.

I don't usually like to put up a bunch of links and call it a day but it's come to my attention that there are some things that y'all need to see. For your own good. And rehashing last night's game is not going to do anyone any good.

First of all, Sports Pickle would like us all to know what it'd be like if Dale Sveum got his way.

Secondly, Sam clearly has nefarious designs on all of our retinas as she presents pictures of the Oakland A's hazing rituals. I'm still waiting for those bootleg pictures of Kevin Youkilis and Lenny Dinardo in Hooters uniforms to show up. But it's not all fun and games, kids. Remember, wearing cheerleader boots can save your life!

According to The Brushback, Ken Griffey, heretofore known as The Glass Outfielder, has apparently filled up his punch card and received a complimentary sugery. Well done, Junior!

TMQ. Read it. If you're not reading it, I'm afraid we can't be friends anymore.

Did we all see the shot of Deion Branch being hefted into the air by, I think, Logan Mankins during Thursday night's game? Branch appears completely weightless giving the nickname I have bestowed upon him, "'Lil Deion" even that much more, er, weight. As pointed out by Heather, I am reminded of the Bugs Bunny cartoon and feel this picture should be captioned as, "I'm going to love him and hug him and squeeze him! And call him George."

Speaking of football, the Panthers want a rematch. And a rematch they shall have. But Kris Jenkins is out for the year with a torn ACL which is a huge blow to Carolina's front four. Also, teal.

The freakin' Dugout. Never stops being funny. They continually outdo themselves and I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why these guys are not my bestest friends ever. Seriously, do yourself a favor and just read every single one of them. But be sure to cover all surrounding surfaces with a layer of plastic if you insist on drinking anything while you read. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Skip Bayless from ESPN.com is picking the Colts to upset the Pats in the AFC championship game. *Yawn* What an original prediction! However did he come up with that? What amazing insight and research! Yeah, I don't much like Skip Bayless.

And finally, Emma has a post of such breathtaking lunacy and rupture-your-spleen-laughing hilarity that you just have to read it. Preferably many times. And if you don't find yourself with tears streaming down your face, unable to breathe from the laughter, well then, you're just not a good person.