"Hell may have no fury like a woman scorned but heaven hath no sweetness like a sports fan vindicated." - Samcat

Friday, July 29, 2005

Pinch Hitter

















(Like father, like daughter)

Okay, so, some of y'all have met my dad. For those of you who haven't, that's him up there. On this blog, he's often referred to as "The Rick." He's a good sort, and completely responsible for my own sports-related psychosis.

As such, he's become a bit of a cult figure on this here blog and Amy (sans nuts) floated the idea the other day that The Rick should have a recurring guest spot on Basegirl. He's agreed, if you all think it's a good idea, because if there's one thing my dad has, it's an opinion.

And so, I leave it to you, dear readers. Do you all want to hear from The Rick? I'm thinking maybe once a week or so we'll just grab a sports related topic and yak about it, argue over it or fight to the death. Thoughts?