"Hell may have no fury like a woman scorned but heaven hath no sweetness like a sports fan vindicated." - Samcat

Thursday, June 02, 2005

David, Goliath...You Know the Drill

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
(photo from Boston.com)

In light of David Ortiz’s heroics of oh, five minutes ago, I thought I’d share with you all a conversation I had with Annette last night:

Me: If you’re the person who just flat out released Ortiz from the Twins, do you cry yourself to sleep every night?
Annette: I know, right?
Me: Because, aside from that whole Jeremy Giambi “experiment,” wasn’t Papi’s power pretty immediate?
Annette: I don’t know. I mean, his first season, he didn’t play much because of Giambi. And then Millar was our first baseman.
Me: So we considered Papi as a first baseman? We weren’t just like “He’s a flat out DH?”
Annette: I don’t think so.
Me: I wonder why we did that.
Annette: Tradition, probably.
Me: Because he looks like Mo Vaughn?
Annette: Yeah.
Me: But still…
Annette: Still, if I were the guy who released Ortiz from the Twins, I would totally cry myself to sleep every day.
Me: Indeed.

We are, as Amy would say, prescient.

Also, all hail the return of the cornrows. Oh that's right, they're back.