"Hell may have no fury like a woman scorned but heaven hath no sweetness like a sports fan vindicated." - Samcat

Saturday, January 03, 2009

I am not dead

Dear Peoples,

Rest assured, I am not dead. The Patriots didn't kill me. The Jets didn't kill me. The Dolphins, try as they might, also didn't kill me. Nor was I felled by the death flu that struck nearly everyone I've been associated with in the past week. Christmas and New Year's Eve and the rampant alcoholism associated therewith also did not do me in.

The Bruins might actually be keeping me alive, come to think of it.

All that said, I apologize for my absence and promise to return posthaste with all kinds of snark and such for the new year. In the meantime, I ask you this question: Do you think the Red Sox, in signing Brad Penny, actually believe they've signed Derek Lowe as it's a well-known fact that they've spent the past few years morphing into the same person. Yay or nay? And if so, why?

My best thoughts to all of you for the new year. I wouldn't be here without you all.

~Kristen