"Hell may have no fury like a woman scorned but heaven hath no sweetness like a sports fan vindicated." - Samcat

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Football already?


















(Photo from Boston.com)

Gentlemen, Jerod Mayo cannot do it all by himself. He is just young. He is still new here. Y'all gotta play defense too. Granted, you all tried exceptionally hard and certainly didn't make it easy on the Jets but unfortunately, close doesn't count for divisional games or overall standings.

And Matt Cassel surely tried to script his legend and, you know, that's a hell of a chapter he added there. I'd say a 1-second remaining 16-yard tying touchdown pass to Randy Moss is a good start. Also, how do you think Ty Law felt about being on the wrong side of that one?

But this team makes me tired this year. They just leave me weary. This whole up and down nonsense is not good for my heart or my blood pressure. And I've just started drinking again. My tolerance is not where it should be for the middle of this contentious football season.

Also, I've had just about enough of that Leon Washington fellow and I will thank him to sit down and keep quiet.

Of course, the way things are going this season, we could all wake up tomorrow to the first place Miami Dolphins due to some shenanigans that could happen tonight while we're all sleeping if the Ghost of Chad Pennington's T-Neck flies backwards around the Earth and reverses the rules of time and space. What? It could happen.

I'm telling you, nothing would surprise me.

But since we evidently play football on Thursdays now, it's almost like we've got another half bye week here. Perhaps it's my fault. I was ill-prepared. I spent tonight ironing work clothes for tomorrow and preparing for meetings instead of what I usually do on Sundays which is...praying fervently that the following day is a holiday I've overlooked and I'll wake up to realize that I get to sleep in due to...Arbor Day or something. Point being, football on Thursday is weird. It's different and unfamiliar. I fear change. (Just kidding, Barack).

So I guess now we...prepare for the Dolphins? In like a week and a half? We just watch football on Sunday without heart palpitations? Weird. I guess I can give it a try. Okay, I got it. This is what we're doing. No Wildcat offense. Everyone on board? None of that Ronnie Brown fellow. Excellent. Now let's go.