"Hell may have no fury like a woman scorned but heaven hath no sweetness like a sports fan vindicated." - Samcat

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

The Big Win













(Photo from Boston.com)

I try to stay out of political rhetoric in this space because I usually feel it has little to nothing to do with sports commentary and there are several thousand other places where you can read opinions and punditry and politico-talk and I like to serve as a respite from that kind of thing. But I have my opinions - many of them - and they are strongly held. And I care a great deal about the decisions this country makes.

And so, I felt the need to declare my excitement and happiness over Barack Obama's election in this most historic of presidential races.

In the parlance of the sports we all know and love: good on ya, America. You knocked it out of the park. I'm proud of you.