"Hell may have no fury like a woman scorned but heaven hath no sweetness like a sports fan vindicated." - Samcat

Saturday, October 04, 2008

Surprisingly surprising

It was late...and now it's early. Up at the crack of dawn for a 10-miler with Katherine (masochist, yes, yes, I am), and hardly slept at all because of the whole Red Sox winning thing. Which thing, I don't mind to tell you, I really did not expect. This one could legitimately have gone either way.

Because: Matsuzaka. Whom I STILL don't believe has managed 18 wins this season (wins being a ridiculous stat, yes, but nevertheless), because of his constant infuriating way with the pitching.

I would, however, like to thank JD Drew for proving what we've all been thinking for a while, K-Rod isn't THAT freakin' great.

And Jason Bay who seems utterly unimpressed by this whole postseason thing. Like he's just kind of looking around going, "Okay, so, it's baseball. Just a little colder. I know how to play baseball. What's the problem? This is what the big deal's all about? Okay, sure, here's a home run." I'm sure Dennis Eckersley feels quite vindicated. Now, let's all thank Pittsburgh again for their friendly Canadian. THANK YOU, PITTSBURGH.

At this point, do you kind of have to wonder if this whole "losing to the Red Sox in the ALDS" thing is turning into a self-fulfilling prophecy on the part of the Angels? Not that the series is over by any stretch of the imagination but 2-0 is certainly a "boot on the throat" type situation and we have been here before. I guess time will tell.

Two more days until the next installment of the Mike Scioscia Face. I wait with bated breath.