"Hell may have no fury like a woman scorned but heaven hath no sweetness like a sports fan vindicated." - Samcat

Friday, September 07, 2007

Absentee Fan
















(Photo from Yahoo! Sports)

Okay, I'll level with you. I didn't see a single pitch of last night's game. Instead, I decided to kick off football season in style: by drinking. And while my animosity and hatred for all things Manning has yet to reach playoff proportions, I do think that if the commentators are making fun of how many commercials you're in, perhaps, I don't know, you're in too many freakin' commercials! Have you seen the new one? With the multiple Mannings? How could you not? They played it four times per commercial break. It's like someone tapped into my deepest, darkest subconscious fear and made a commercial out of it. Mannings running everywhere, passing to each other, infested every corner of the screen. Shudder. The whole season is gonna be like this, isn't it? My god, I'm not sure I can stomach it.

Also? Drew Brees? You are KILLING my fantasy team. Get it together, Hoss.

Now, as for the Sox, naturally, I'm happy they won and all but upon replays on SportsDesk this morning, JD Drew is STILL killing me. And the offense. And probably puppies. In the bleachers on Wednesday night, Drunk Fan Numero Uno kept telling everyone who would listen - and many who wouldn't - that JD Drew was gonna hit a walkoff. Still waiting...

That said, I hope you all enjoy that lovely picture of Tek up there who is showing promising signs of being a valuable offensive player yet again. And just all-around awesome. Because he's Tek.

Have a great weekend, everyone. I'm off to parts north for Luau-fest. So...aloha? Oh, and most importantly, GO PATS!