"Hell may have no fury like a woman scorned but heaven hath no sweetness like a sports fan vindicated." - Samcat

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Sounds Like...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
(Of course Mike Timlin chose bullpen music by a band called "Ram Jam." Of course he did.)

It's like this: the Pats are preparing for the playoffs, the Bruins still suck and I've resolved not to get all bent out of shape until the Red Sox actually, you know, DO something. So, in the meantime, it's a slow sports day.

So I'm tossing it to you, dear readers, with an informal poll.

Mariano Rivera has "Enter Sandman," Trevor Hoffman has "Hell's Bells," Keith Foulke (fully functional 2004 version) has "Mother." If you were a baseball closer, what song would you play to strike fear into the hearts of opposing hitters?

And, alternately, if you were a slugger, what would your at-bat music be?

ESPN.com provides us with a somewhat outdated list of at-bat music for many major leaguers. Johnny Damon wanted Creed? Suddenly I understand why we didn't re-sign him.

Personally, I've always been partial to the dulcet tones of Aerosmith but that's likely because I've never imagined myself playing baseball for any team other than the Red Sox. What? Girls can envision themselves playing baseball too. But I'm interested in your thoughts. Let's hear 'em.