"Hell may have no fury like a woman scorned but heaven hath no sweetness like a sports fan vindicated." - Samcat

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Giddy-Up!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
(Meet my new pets!)

Okay, the less said about this, the better. However, you're all invited over for pony rides! As I no longer require a single pony but rather an entire stable full of Clydesdales, there should be plenty of horsies for everyone. Plus, they can tow beer trucks. Isn't that what Clydesdales do?

So after
that debacle - which I was not sad I missed most of because I was still pretending to work - the entire team, save for Tek and, of all people, Bellhorn, owes me a pet. I'm going to have quite the menagerie if this continues. Although, because my sourness and general annoyance at this team will most likely seep into my dealings with the animals, it's going to be an "evil petting zoo." Wow, that was a long way to go for a pun.

Currently, I'm waiting for bad TV to soothe the pain. Well, if we're going with full disclosure, bad tv, good food, rum and limeade. It's been a frustrating day, kids.

And this just happened as the Curt Schilling Ford commercial came on TV:

Curt: You know what's tough?
Amy (sans Nuts): I don't know, Curt, probably having a pitching staff WITHOUT AN ACE!
Me: Screw that, Bronson's totally the ace.
Amy: David Wells is the anti-ace, that's for sure.
Me: Interesting, because I'm pretty sure that David Wells is also the anti-Christ so that's apt.

Aaaaanyway...bad TV is about to start. And I'm running low on rum and limeade. Off day tomorrow and I think, what with the state of things, the team and I probably both need it. However, I'll most likely write something. You all know I can't stay away!