"Hell may have no fury like a woman scorned but heaven hath no sweetness like a sports fan vindicated." - Samcat

Friday, September 04, 2009

One of a Kind















(Man, I'm going to miss that)

NESN.com has my take on Tedy Bruschi's retirement. Except that, of course, I left out the part about all the power ballads I've been listening to - specifically Nilsson's "Without You" and that part of Air Supply's "Making Love out of Nothing At All" when they inexplicably start belting about "making every tackle at the sound of the whistle and making all the stadiums rock." Which, I'm sorry, is kind of awesome.

Also, I've got a daily gig at NESN.com for the time being. A couple posts every day on Red Sox or Red Sox related people. You can find them here (link also on sidebar) and it should update daily.

Further also, I'm still training for that marathon I foolishly decided to run (foolish because I've taken to making like Varitek after long runs and encasing my knee joints in ice), and with committed funds, I'm up to $3400! That's only $1600 short of my goal with just under two months to go. I don't know, kids. I think I might actually make it. If you've already made a donation, you rock and I am eternally grateful. If you haven't yet and you'd like to, the donation link is here or on the sidebar. And if you're just sending along well wishes, that's appreciated too.