"Hell may have no fury like a woman scorned but heaven hath no sweetness like a sports fan vindicated." - Samcat

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Dude! Dougie totally wants you to come to his awesome bash.

















(Photo from Boston.com)

It's official. Doug Mirabelli Appreciation Night (or D-MAN for the cool kids) is happening.

Where: Kowloon Restaurant, duh.
When: Saturday, February 23rd, 8pm
Who: All y'all. Seriously, I'd love to meet any and all of you that want to come. We'll eat some greasy Chinese, drink some strong mai tais, talk Dougie and baseball and possibly plan a bank robbery or two. Red and Denton from Surviving Grady promise to be there (Red also wants me to issue the disclaimer that if you're female, he's going to take a picture of your ass. It's like an initiation). So come on down. Bring any single dudes you know too since I haven't had a date in forever. (Had to).

Do me a favor though and let me know if you're coming. Email me at snowtackle (at) gmail (dot) com. I've given the Kowloon a rough head count and would like to keep them updated if the numbers are going to be vastly different. Especially since they likely have no idea what's about to hit them. Also, Amy has promised to make us all glittery name tags. You don't want to miss out on her glitter pen proficiency, trust me.

And if any of y'all have cars and would be willing to lend your services for a carpool, email me about that as well. Likewise, if you need a ride, get in touch and we'll figure something out. Can't have people missing out on D-MAN because of a little thing like transportation.

We're doin' it up, kids. Embrace the insanity. It's going to be legen-wait for it-dary! Viva la Dougie!

See you there!