"Hell may have no fury like a woman scorned but heaven hath no sweetness like a sports fan vindicated." - Samcat

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Proud Papa

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
As you can see, Millar is already familiar with parenting.

A bright spot in this otherwise dark and tormented place known as Red Sox Nation (What? We're good with the pathos), is the news that Kevin Millar and his wife Jeana yesterday welcomed the arrival of twins Kashten and Kylie. (I will not make fun of their names, I will not make fun of their names...)

According to Kentucky Fried Kevin:
"The babies are healthy. The boy was six pounds, two ounces. The girl was four pounds, 11 ounces. It went as good as it goes. I didn't look as much as I should have probably. It's the one thing I regret. I should have looked a little more, but I was scared to."

Allow me to be a girl for just a second, AWWWWWWWWW!

Lest you think that Millar will let this distract him from his game, well, listen up:
"Maybe we'll hit a home run for the kid. We're on pace for one," said Millar, poking fun at himself for not going deep yet this season.

Oh Millar, still a kid at heart.

A sincere congratulations to Kevin and Jeana who went through some quite serious stuff last year, baseball aside. And a sincere rally cap to the kids who are going to have, perhaps, the most embarassing dad this side of Ozzy Osbourne. Although, to be fair, to the best of my knowledge, Ozzy's never taken a header rounding first base. I'm sure Millar will be a great dad and I wish the entire family only the best. Here's hoping that Kevin imparts his joy of life, and the game of baseball, to the little 'uns. I want to see these kids in about three years, when Manny and Tizzle are teaching them handshakes...