"Hell may have no fury like a woman scorned but heaven hath no sweetness like a sports fan vindicated." - Samcat

Friday, February 25, 2005

What Might Have Been

Hosted by Photobucket.com
(I love it when you call me Big Papi)

Hoo's already posted on this but it was sent to me via a coworker (thanks, Bridget) and it had me giggling madly and wiping tears from my eyes.

Title of the thread on NYYFans.com: "Should the Yankees Take a Look at David Ortiz?"

Salient (heh) points:

"i think the yankees have enough 1st baseman/dh types..." - KLJ

"Yeah, with the signing of Zeile there's really no role for Ortiz." - Mr. Mxylsplk

And perhaps most deliciously: "he's a fat and he can't run or field. we have enough DHs. and most importantly, he's very injury prone, which isn't a good sign for someone his age. all the guy does is hit home runs. besides that, he's worthless." - Trojan Pony

To all of them I say, "NEENER, NEENER!"

Has the season started yet?