"Hell may have no fury like a woman scorned but heaven hath no sweetness like a sports fan vindicated." - Samcat

Monday, March 10, 2008

Worried? What, Me?
























(ViewImages)

Josh Beckett appears unconcerned about these so-called "back spasms." He wants you all to chillax and take in some South Florida rays - not "Rays" though - and just enjoy the fact that spring is coming soon and it'll be baseball season and it's totally okay if Josh needs some extra time because, you know, Bartolo's doing really well and he's sorry for calling him "Rolo" like those little chocolate and caramel candies but it seemed funny at the time and, you know, it's all gonna be fine. Seriously. It's totally cool.

At least, that's what I'm projecting because reality is that it's 27 degrees out, our ace is having back spasms and had to leave the field, I am so broke the IRS is probably going to repossess my cat and force him into some kind of feline labor and everyone but me gets to go on vacation to someplace sunny and warm. So I'm a little cranky.

BUT! Jason Varitek did start off my morning by conjugating the word "grind" for approximately ten minutes during an interview on SportsDesk which is better than Wheaties in terms of starting your morning off right. So at least there's that.

So maybe I'm in denial about Beckett's back. Can you blame me? How're you all dealing with this interminable wait? Anyone taken up cross-stitch or something?