"Hell may have no fury like a woman scorned but heaven hath no sweetness like a sports fan vindicated." - Samcat

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Blindsided

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
(photo from Boston.com)

Um...shit. Didn't see that one coming.

I haven't been reading the paper lately because I've not wanted to hear about Manny's latest tantrum or David Wells' demands for twelve dozen glazed hams at the post-game spreads. In short, I've been taking a break from the Red Sox. You know, watching some hockey, taking in some football, even, I don't know, reading a book or two. I knew Theo's contract was up but I'd also heard that a deal had been worked out and he was gonna stay in Boston for at least the next three years. Good. Excellent. Status quo. And then...wham! Faster than a Dave Roberts' steal, it's gone.

Fuckity, fuck, fuck.

If only I could be more eloquent.

According to the Red Sox, Theo will stay on for the next few days "to ease the transition." Presumably for the new GM who is, um, if I have this correctly, no one. I'm half tempted to throw my resume into the mix because it seems unlikely that I could fuck this up more than it already has been.

Safe to say the Red Sox appear screwed for the forseeable future.

It's gonna be a long, cold winter in Red Sox Nation.